Monday, February 15, 2016

"Travel Hacking" A Trip to Europe

So "Travel Hacking" is a term used to describe a way to get free or discount travel by legally using credit card/corporate loyalty rewards/points,  You can find much about it just doing a Google search on that term. And, that process is how I've now booked a February/March 2016 trip to Europe: 50,000 United Airlines Mileage Program points (gained by applying for a United Airlines sponsored Visa card) together with 15,000 miles I had already saved and $275 in taxes for flights from Los Angeles to Zurich on February 20 and returning from London/Heathrow to Los Angeles on March 12.

First destination is Switzerland (specifically the southern canton of Ticino) where I have cousins and have visited several times before -- then my first ever trip to Rome -- followed by a repeat trip to The Netherlands (home to close friends including one I call "my Dutch daughter" -- and more cousins).

I'm thinking I won't have time to blog about most of the trip -- but I have set aside this blog name so that I might blog when the time allows and the spirit moves me -- perhaps at least for the first-ever travel to Rome.


No comments:

Post a Comment